The finals of the annual Tursa Employment & Training ANZAC Day Cup and Callan McMillan Memorial Shield competitions were played over the ANZAC Day weekend, with winners confirmed in the six competitions.
On Friday night, the Callan McMillan ‘B’ Division saw Ballina take on Lismore Richmond Rovers at Richards Oval in Lismore, with Rovers claiming the trophy following a 2-0 result. The newly introduced Men’s Open C competition was played following the Callan McMillan ‘B’ Final, with penalties required to determine the winner after the team were unable to be separated after extra-time. Pottsville Beach eventually claimed the match and the inaugural Men’s Open C trophy.
On Saturday, Lismore Richmond Rovers travelled to Casino’s newly resurface field to take on the Cobras for the Men’s Open B final. Casino showed that they will return strongly in 2021, after sitting out the 2020 season, defeating Rovers 5-1. In the Men’s Open A Division, Lennox Head won against Lismore Richmond Rovers 4-0.
Finally, the Callan McMillan ‘A’ Division and the Men’s Premier League were played on ANZAC Day, in front of a large crowd at South Lismore. The Callan McMillan ‘A’ fixture was played first, with Byron Bay defeating Lennox Head 2-0, much to the delight of the Byron Bay crowd that had travelled to support their top Men’s and Women’s teams who were playing in the finals. Next up after the women was the Men’s Premier League, which was played under sobering circumstances following the sad passing during the week of Men’s Premiership winning coach, Cameron Hyde. The South Lismore team were dominate throughout and ultimately finished with a 3-1 win over Byron Bay to claim the Tursa Employment and Training Men’s Premier League ANZAC Day Cup shield.
We congratulate all players, coaches and match officials who participated in the Finals and we again thank Tursa Employment & Training for their ongoing support of football within the Far North Coast.
A summary of all ANZAC Cup and Callan McMillan results is as follows;
- Men’s Premier League: South Lismore defeated Byron Bay 3 – 1
- Player of the Match: Harry Armstrong (South Lismore)
- Men’s Open A: Lennox Head defeated Lismore Richmond Rovers 4 – 0
- Player of the Match: Patrick Barton (Lennox Head)
- Men’s Open B: Casino RSM Cobras defeated Lismore Richmond Rovers 5 – 1
- Player of the Match: Joel Pillar (Casino RSM Cobras)
- Men’s Open C: Pottsville Beach defeated Lismore Workers 1-1 (3 – 1 after penalties)
- Player of the Match: Troy Schramm (Pottsville Beach)
Callan McMillan Memorial Shield
- ‘A’ Division: Byron Bay defeated Lennox Head 2 – 0
- Player of the Match: Ali Dean (Byron Bay)
- ‘B’ Division: Lismore Richmond Rovers defeated Ballina 2 – 0
- Player of the Match: Madison Little (Lismore Richmond Rovers)