As previously advertised, Football Far North Coast is running a referees course in Brunswick Heads in March for those who wish to become a match official this season.
Date: Saturday 14th March
Time: 10am – approx. 4pm
Venue: Brunswick Heads Bowling Club – Tweed Street, Brunswick Heads
To register for this course please click here
Northern NSW Football will again offer the Referee Starter package, which is fully supported by Football Far North Coast. The starter package eases the financial burden to become a match official and means that a new referee will need to pay just $135 in the FFNC zone to receive the following items and begin officiating in 2020;
- Referee Course
- Laws of the Game Book
- Professional Referee Whistle
- Assistant Referee Flag
- Black Umbro on-field Shirt
- Black Umbro on-field Shorts
- Black Umbro on-field Socks
- Set of Red and Yellow Cards
- Match Record Book and Inserts
- Full Match Official Registration for 2020 with Football Far North Coast
- FFNC Match Officials Polo Shirt (to wear to and from games)
This represents a saving of over $150 for all new match officials!
The amount of $135 needs to paid upfront to FFNC prior to the course. The FFNC bank details are as follows;
Financial Institution: Newcastle Permanent Building Society
Account Name: Football Far North Coast
Account Number: 509 829 102
BSB: 650 300
(use the participants NAME as the payment reference)
Please contact FFNC if this upfront cost is a prohibitive factor in registering for the course.
Please email Luke Mackney at email@example.com to confirm when payment has been transferred or if there are any issues
Participants should be 13 years of age or older OR turning 13 no later than the end of May 2020 (noting that participants CANNOT be appointed on matches until they turn 13).
1. Register for the course, using the link above.
2. Finalise payment of the $135 amount, per the instructions above.
3. BEFORE the day of the course ALL participants must complete the online Laws of the Game (OLTG) Certificate. To complete this, click here.
Participants can register for the upcoming course first, but this certificate MUST be completed BEFORE attending the course. The time required to complete the OLTG Certificate will vary based on previous knowledge and experience. Participants should allow AT LEAST one hour to complete the certificate, however it may take up to between two and three hours. All answers are provided within the learning material in the OLTG certificate.
4. Participants MUST bring their printed participant workbook (provided via email prior to the course).
5. Participants should bring a pen/pencil.
6. Participants should wear suitable clothing for some short outdoor activities (weather permitting).
A list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) can be found by clicking here, for those who are considering becoming a match official.
Anyone requiring any further information should contact Luke on 0434 856 992.