Member Club delegates are invited to a workshop being convened on Wednesday 9th November at Lismore Workers club in conjunction with The Department of Sport and Recreation and NNSWF.
Communication previously has advised the creation of an “Asian Cup 2015 Legacy Fund” that has secured an amount of $4 million. These funds will be available specifically to football (soccer) clubs in NSW within the terms of the GRANT funding criteria outlined (refer https://sportandrecreation.nsw.gov.au/clubs/grants/asiancuplegacy).
Football Far North Coast encourages ALL member clubs to consider projects that qualify for assessment under this grant funding, highlighting the timeline of 5th September 2016 to 24th February 2017 to submit applications for Round One funding.
Northern NSW Football is committed to helping clubs through the process and has secured the support of the NSW Office of Sport & Recreation to host a FREE workshop. This forum will be convened as follows;
- Date: Wednesday 9th November 2016
- Time: 6.45pm (until 8.30pm)
- Location: Lismore Workers Club – 225 Keen Street Lismore
The evening will provide practical information aimed at maximising your club’s ability to access the new Asian Cup 2015 Legacy Fund and critically, strategies to assist the way in which a written submission for a grant is constructed.
This workshop will cover:
- An outline of the new Asian Cup 2015 Legacy Fund
- The specific guidelines and criteria attached to the Asian Cup 2015 Legacy Fund
- The steps involved in planning and preparing a grant application
- Writing the grant application and meeting the grants key objectives and assessment criteria
- Advice on developing good project concepts
- Tips and hints on writing a winning grant application
While attendance is FREE, registrations are essential and can be confirmed by following this link;
Further enquiries can be directed to NNSWF Club & Referee Development Officer Ross Hicks;
- Office number: (02) 4941 7205
- Mobile: 0407020460
We encourage ALL member clubs to be represented and to register your attendance with priority. We have a unique opportunity to access a significant pool of funds that will provide further valuable investment in club facilities, that increasingly require a progression to meet the demands of our participants. We may collectively recognise how important it is to keep investing in improved facilities that will enhance the participation experience within community sport.
I look forward to joining with a large contingent of club delegates at the workshop to show how strong football is in this region.