Football Far North Coast will be running a Level 4 New Referees Course in March.
This course offers a great opportunity for participants particularly in the Byron Bay, Mullumbimby and Ocean Shores areas where there is a particular shortage of match officials to become a referee prior to the upcoming season. The course will be held at Ewingsdale on 19th March, as follows;
Date: Saturday 19th March 2022
Time: 9am – 4pm
Venue: Cavanbah Centre – 249 Ewingsdale Road, Byron Bay
To register for this course please click here
Registrations for this course CLOSE seven (7) days prior to the course date (i.e. 12th March 2022).
Northern NSW Football (NNSWF) will again offer the Referee Starter package, which is fully supported by Football Far North Coast. The starter package eases the financial burden to become a match official and means that a new referee will need to pay just $150 to receive the following items and begin officiating in 2022;
- Level 4 Referee Course materials
- Laws of the Game Book
- Professional Referee Whistle
- Assistant Referee Flag
- First year referee green shirt
- Black Umbro on-field Shirt*
- Black Umbro on-field Shorts
- Black Umbro on-field Socks
- Set of Red and Yellow Cards
- Match Record Book and Inserts
- Full Match Official Registration with FFNC (includes the NNSWF Match Official Registration Fee)
- FFNC Match Officials Polo Shirt (to wear to and from games)
This represents a subsidy of over $100 for all new match officials!
The amount of $150 needs to paid upfront to Northern NSW Football prior to the course. If payment is not made at the time of registration, NNSWF will issue an invoice after receiving your course registration (which must be paid prior to the course).
Please contact FFNC if this upfront cost is a prohibitive factor in registering for the course.
Please email Luke Mackney at firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any questions or any issues.
Participants should be 13 years of age or older OR turning 13 no later than the end of May 2022 (noting that participants CANNOT be appointed on matches until they turn 13).
1. Register for the course by clicking here
2. Finalise payment of the $150 amount, upon receiving the invoice from NNSWF.
3. BEFORE the day of the course ALL participants must complete the online Laws of the Game (OLTG) Certificate. To complete this, click here.
Participants should register for the upcoming course first, but this certificate MUST be completed BEFORE attending the course. The time required to complete the OLTG Certificate will vary based on previous knowledge and experience. Participants should allow AT LEAST one hour to complete the certificate, however it may take up to between two and three hours. All answers are provided within the learning material in the OLTG certificate.
4. Participants MUST bring their printed participant workbook (provided via email prior to the course).
5. Participants should bring a pen/pencil.
6. Participants should wear suitable clothing for some short outdoor activities (weather permitting).
A list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) can be found by clicking here, for those who are interested in attending the course and becoming a match official.
Anyone requiring any further information should contact Luke on 0434 856 992.