Football Far North Coast will be running a Level 4 New Referees Course at Cumbalum Fields (Tintenbar East Ballina FC) on Sunday 28th April for those who wish to become a match official in 2019. This will likely be the last course held in time to officiate this season.
We also highlight that Northern NSW Football have introduced a Referee Starter package in 2019, which is fully supported by Football Far North Coast. The starter package eases the financial burden to become a match official and means that a new referee will need to pay just $135 in the FFNC zone to receive the following items and begin officiating (at least $50 of which is required to be paid prior to the course);
- Level 4 Referee Course
- Laws of the Game Book
- Professional Referee Whistle
- Assistant Referee Flag
- Black Umbro on-field Shirt
- Black Umbro on-field Shorts
- Black Umbro on-field Socks
- Set of Red and Yellow Cards
- Match Record Book and Inserts
- Full Referee Registration for 2019 with Football Far North Coast
- FFNC Match Officials Polo Shirt
This represents a saving of $150 for junior match officials (ages 13-18) and a saving of $180 for senior match officials (19+)!
So there is no better time to become a match official!
The full details for the course are as follows. Please follow the links to register;
Date and times:
Sunday 28th April 2019: 10am – approx. 4pm.
Cumbalum Fields – Power Drive, Cumbalum.
Cost & Inclusions:
These have been outlined above. The cost will also include lunch at the course. At least $50 is required to be paid upfront, prior to the course, directly to FFNC by direct deposit into their bank account.
The bank account details to make payment to FFNC are;
participants NAME as
Financial Institution: Newcastle Permanent Building Society
Account Name: Football Far North Coast
Account Number: 509 829 102
BSB: 650 300
Please email Luke Mackney at email@example.com to confirm when payment has been transferred or if there are any issues
Participants should be 13 years of age or older OR turning 13 no later than early June 2019 (noting that participants CANNOT be appointed on matches until they turn 13).
1. To register for this course please click here.
2. Finalise payment of the pre-course amount (at least $50), per the instructions above.
3. BEFORE the day of the course ALL participants must complete the online Laws of the Game (OLTG) Certificate. To complete this, click here.
Participants can register for the upcoming course first, but this certificate MUST be completed BEFORE attending the course. The time required to complete the OLTG Certificate will vary based on previous knowledge and experience. Participants should allow AT LEAST one hour to complete the certificate, however it may take up to between two and three hours. All answers are provided within the learning material in the OLTG certificate.
4. Participants MUST bring their printed participant workbook (provided via email prior to the course).
5. Participants should bring a pen/pencil.
6. Participants should wear suitable clothing for some short outdoor activities (weather permitting).
A list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) can be found by clicking here, for those who are considering becoming a match official.
Anyone requiring any further information should contact Luke on 0434 856 992.